Founded in 1984, the Fairview Park Education Foundation was created to support our city schools and develop additional sources of revenue to supplement and enrich the educational experiences and curriculum program in the Fairview Park City School District.
Since 1984, the Foundation has awarded more than 250 grants to staff from Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. The grants are funded through individual donations and through proceeds from various fundraisers.
Grants are awarded for the enrichment of school curriculum or activities within the parameters of the following goals:
- To support special programs or projects in grades Pre-K- 12 within a school building or during a school activity.
- To support subject areas by bringing visiting instructors, lecturers, and speakers into the district.
- To support cultural enrichment opportunities through special musical, dramatic, and artistic performances.
- To support small scale educational research and development programs for enhancing student learning.
- To support other programs initiated by the faculty, administration, Board of Education, and/or citizens.
Grants will not be awarded to cover the cost of food, transportation, or housing.